Here’s a list of some great events, celebrations and happenings in our great city of Annapolis in 2016:
When most people think of events in Annapolis, Maryland a couple things usually come to mind. Sailing! Navy Football, Boat Show and perhaps the Parade of Lights. The aforementioned events are really fun, staple “must do’s” around these here parts, but there are many others we want to share with you. Whether you are a Marylander, or heading to Annapolis as a visitor, we look forward to seeing you at one of these special events in the near future.
- 71st Annual Rotary Club of Annapolis’ Crab Feast – For Maryland blue crab lovers, head to this annual crab feast and help support the Rotary Club of Annapolis on August 5, 2016. Pre-Purchased tickets are recommended as the event sells out every year.
- Kegs & Corks 5th Annual Craft Beer Maryland Wine Festival – This festival held at the Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds on Saturday, August 20th features 16 Craft Breweries and 16 Maryland Wineries together, with Live Music that will get you dancing!
- The Bacon Brothers Live at Ram’s Head on Stage – Yep, THOSE Bacon brothers. Catch Kevin Bacon and Michael Bacon at one of the best live music venues in the Mid-Atlantic on Saturday, September 24 and 25.
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum’s Annual Boating Party – On Saturday, September 10 head to a fun and festive annual boating party from 5 – 10:30pm. This year, CBMM will welcome a special guest – the schooner America! America is a replica of the vessel that started the America’s Cup tradition in 1851 by defeating the best the British could offer to win the Royal Yacht Squadron’s “100 Pound Cup.” Boating Party guests will be invited to tour the ship and speak with the Captain and crew.
- United States Sailboat Show – From October 6 – 10, head to downtown Annapolis for the famous annual Sailboat Show. Join sailors from around the globe gather on miles of docks in Annapolis for this internationally-acclaimed sailboat show, recognized as the largest, most prestigious, and oldest in-water sailboat show in the world.
- Unites States Powerboat Show – Each October boaters from around the world gather in the historic seaport of Annapolis, Maryland for the United States Powerboat Show. In its 45th year, this is the world’s oldest in-water powerboat show. The Powerboat show takes place from Oct 13-16 in 2016.
- Annapolis by Candlelight Presented by Historic Annapolis – Each year in early November, Historic Annapolis showcases privately-owned historic houses on its popular Annapolis by Candlelight tour. Visitors see how 21st-century Annapolitans care for and live in buildings built in the 20th, 19th, or 18th century. Each house is a reminder of the rich architectural and cultural heritage of Maryland’s capital city and illustrates the practical and aesthetic benefits of effective historic preservation.
- CASAblanca – This annual fundraiser takes place at the Westin Hotel and supports Anne Arundel County CASA. Help make a child’s dreams come true by attending or sponsoring this year’s event themed “Someone to Watch Over Me” a tribute to the city that never sleeps. Dinner, dancing, drinks and fun await at this magical evening.
- Midnight Madness in Downtown Annapolis – Lights, garland, action! Historic Annapolis shops throw open their doors in a glorified block party that is open to all. Enjoy musical performances as well as food and refreshments at many stores as you stroll along Main Street, Maryland Avenue, inner West Street, and State Circle in search of that perfect gift. Explore the uniqueness that makes downtown Annapolis so appealing at this magical time of year. Sponsored by the Annapolis Partnership.
- Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade – Brightly decorated boats parade around the Annapolis waterfront in one of the City’s signature events. Thousands of lights and a host of jolly revelers make this a fun holiday event for the entire family. Prime viewing areas include: Eastport, Spa Creek, City Dock and Naval Academy sea wall. Sponsored by the Eastport Yacht Club.